Facts About Head Lice
Artist rendition of lice treatment process. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead is purely coincidental.
Facts About Head Lice – Basics
Head lice are a common worry amongst households with children. The facts about head lice are that there are several misconceptions surrounding them. Contrary to popular belief, head lice cannot be contracted from one individual to the next via shared swimming facilities. They cannot fly, and cannot jump between people in close proximity. Another common misconception is that pets can contract and transfer lice to children. This is a myth. The facts about head lice are that they can only spread by direct contact, or by the sharing of personal items. These can include hats, scarves, pillows and even beds. Although they can be frustrating once contracted, lice do not pose any negative health effects. Although head lice are a well-known household species, little is known about their life cycles. Their lifespan has less to do with genetics but more about how they spread and how their symptoms are experienced. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (or “CDC” for short), head lice are the approximate size of a sesame seed and are a pale yellow color in appearance. Their eggs (also known as “nits”) take between 8 and 9 days to hatch. Upon their birth, they strive on human blood for survival thereafter. Without blood consumption, lice typically die within 48 hours. Feeding on blood from the scalp causes the “itchy sensation,” which is considered the most common symptom of infection. The facts about head lice are that they spread only via head-to-head contact. Head lice and are in the top three reasons for why children miss prolonged periods of school. Although they are a big issue, professional treatment methods exists to effectively eradicate them.
The Facts About Head Lice – Who is at Risk?
Absolutely anyone can contract lice. The facts about head lice are that these parasites have no regard for boundaries that other diseases comply by. Lice outbreaks are spread evenly across all racial, gender and socioeconomic demographics – they are truly “non-discriminatory” in who they infect. If you have human blood you are at risk – Period!
The Facts About Head Lice – Outbreak Process
Although lice are not indicative of unwashed or unclean hair, it is indeed true that long hair is more susceptible to contraction than short hair. Once contracted, lice must maintain a steady intake of human blood in order to survive. For this reason, lice cannot live or breed in abiotic environments such as movie theaters, airplanes, car seats, couches, or carpets.
The Facts About Head Lice – Lice Treatment Warnings
Several head lice treatment products on the market are highly toxic and potentially hazardous to children, despite the fact that many strains of lice are immune to them anyway! For this reason, the most recommended solution is to try at all-natural remedies rather than over-the-counter or subscribed toxic treatments.
The Facts About Head Lice – What Should I Do if my Family is Infected with Lice?
For those who are infected or know someone who is, the following “Facts about Head Lice” tips are recommended to deal with the experience in the most hassle-free manner:
- It is recommended to use safe, organic and all-natural products when treating a child’s scalp. Further, consider calling in a professional with certified experience and a proven track record of successfully eradicating lice outbreaks. This is because if a single bug or nit is missed, the entire effort can be in vain, and the outbreak will unapollogetically recur.
- Any used clothing, bedding and hair accessories must be washed daily to continue killing the parasites as well as preventing them from reproducing and re-infecting the host
- Once a single member of the family is infected, the entire household should be screened. Further, schools and workplaces must be informed of the infection to avoid the outbreak from spreading
What Should I NOT Do?
The following is a series of steps to avoid when lice are detected in the household:
- There is no need to replace furnishings or pillows. Remember, lice cannot live more than three (3) hours in an abiotic environment, so this is not necessary
- Don’t panic! It “is what it is” unfortunately, and your situation is no different from the millions of other families who have gone through the same miserable experience! Panicking will only further worry and upset your child who is already going through enough…
- Try to avoid using toxic products for treatment. Most over-the-counter and prescription medications are unsafe for children, and their side-effects far outweigh their benefits. Treatment can be replicated with more effective, all-natural lice removal products.
- It is unnecessary to wash your family’s entire wardrobe
The Facts About Head Lice – Parting Thoughts
The facts about head lice are that they are more common and contagious in children than adults. This is simply due to the fact that children more often take part in play activities involving head-to-head contact. For this same reason, lice are more likely to be contracted within the home or at sleepovers than at school, where play activities are more restricted. If you would like to learn more about the facts of head lice – please consult certified government agencies, such as the CDC, at http://www.cdc.gov/.
The Facts About Head Lice – Why are Just 4 Kids’ Offsite Lice Treatment and Removal Professionals Different from the Rest?
The facts about head lice are that the ideal process to properly remove them is often very frustrating and time consuming; and often requires repeat treatments. As such, save yourself the trouble and frustration of trying to do it yourself – and call in a professional! Just 4 Kids Lice Treatment and Removal Professionals specialize in lice treatment and removal. We leverage a trusted and effective system for finding and eradicating lice in potentially infected individuals:
Just 4 Kids’ Offsite Lice Treatment & Removal Process:
Step 1 – We “Inspect and Detect”
- Just 4 Kids’ “K9 Team” of technicians quickly and safely perform a manual hair screen for the presence of lice and nits.
More info >
Step 2 – We “Split Hairs”
- Our nit-picking methods provide pin-point accuracy in identifying “hot zones” of lice and eggs within the scalp.
More info >
Artist rendition of nit picking process. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead is not intended and coincidental.
Step 3 – We “Eradicate” Lice
- Our comprehensive head lice treatment process is guaranteed to safely and effectively remove lice via the special shampoos, creams and rinses conveniently at our disposal. Our customized products also help to prevent lice and nits from returning to your hair!
More info >
Artist rendition of lice treatment process. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead is not intended and purely coincidental.
Step 4 – We Follow up and Certify our Work
- Just 4 Kids’ lice detection, treatment and removal process is second-to-none in the industry. Our comprehensive head lice treatment process is not only guaranteed to safely and effectively remove lice, but the use of our products helps to prevent them from returning to your child’s scalp! Our follow-up treatment and verification process goes a step further than our competition, thus distancing and elevating ourselves from the mediocrity within the market.
- The choice is clear – Just 4 Kids lice treatment and removal services are in a class alone.
- Our lice removal services are reimbursed by most insurance. Most plans provide reimbursement through health savings accounts (HSA’s). Check with your provider to determine whether head lice remediation products and services qualify as covered expenses.
More info >
Artist rendition of nit lice treatment process. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead is unitended and purely coincidental.
Check out Our Lice Prevention Tips Kit:
Do you currently have a lice problem in your home, or would you like to purchase some great all-natural lice treatment products?
Shop Online for our Great Lice Treatment Products:
In closing, the facts about head lice are that it is a frustrating and difficult period for any family. Do not panic, follow the steps provided in this guide and everything will work out fine in the end!
Need a discreet and effective offsite lice treatment for your little one? Call our 24/7 lice hotline at (888) 604-2354 to book an appointment.