Kids Hair Care Products
Just 4 Kids Salon boasts premium product lines in organic and all-natural kids’ hair, nail and skin care. We have the largest selection of spa and kids hair care products in Hoboken. Further, we also provide various children’s products, namely, fashion accessories, footwear, pins, sunglasses, stuffed animals, toys, and other novelties.
The Science Behind Kids Hair Care Products:
Children’s Hair Structure
According to the Journal Society of Cosmetic Chemistry, children’s hair is structurally unique from an adult’s. For one, children’s hair is on the average finer, rounder, and lighter in color than adult hair. Much like nails and skin, hair changes over time. Consequently, parents and hair stylists can easily observe the obvious structural differences! Physics, chemistry and biology help to demystify these changes that occur as children grow and develop. In fact, there are three (3) main phases human hair goes through as it develops.
- Lanugo (Primary Hair) – The fetal stage of hair’s life. It tends to be fine and silky with considerable pigmentation
- Vellus (Secondary Hair) – Short, fine and normally non-pigmented, normally associated with children.
- Terminal (Tertiary Hair) – Long, coarse, pigmented and associated with fully developed adults.
As such, vellus, or children’s hair is more fragile and delicate than terminal hair and must be cared for accordingly. Also, kids’ hair simply cannot withstand the abuse that adults’ can, so their shampoos, conditioners and other products must be gentler, all-natural and free from harmful chemicals!
While adult hair is fully developed and can handle the additional abuse of chemicals, a child’s hair cannot. Furthermore, a special formula is needed to leave kids’ hair clean and shiny, while not risking any permanent damage.
Kids Hair Volume
About midway through a mother’s pregnancy (22 weeks), a fetus’ head has nearly a million hair follicles. Consequently, this is the maximum a person will have in their lifetime, and additional ones do not grow. Further, as we age, the volume of hair follicles decreases. Finally, so too does the density of the actual follicles.
Kids Hair Care Products – Breakdown:
At age one, hair strands are rounder than they ultimately become in adulthood. Hair flattens with increasing age.
The medulla, the central core of the hair, is a developmental characteristic related to age. Further, the presence of a medulla is often associated with coarser hair. Naturally, hair tends to be softer and finer in childhood as a result of the absence of a medulla. Kids’ hair products need to be carefully created with this in mind.
Children’s hair tends to darken with age, most rapidly between six and 18 years old. Because young hair has less melanin (pigment) than its mature counterpart, it is more transparent than adults. Transparency decreases with age, so younger hair might appear cooler (less red) in appearance.
Kids Hair Care Products – “Chemistry”
During a baby’s infancy, their hormone levels are held steadily in check at low levels. Because of this, babies’ hair and skin is more sensitive, and not required to be washed every day. Sebum, the hair’s protective “waxy” coating, rebuilds itself every 2-3 days in the average adult. Babies however experience much slower sebum growth. In summary, the chemical structure of children’s hair is still in the formation stage early in life. Although not required to be washed as regularly as adult hair, children’s hair products need to account for the difference in structure and chemistry, and must be gentler overall. Traditional adult hair products simply will not do!
Just 4 Kids Salon’s product lines include:
Kids Hair Care Products – The Importance of Safe Ingredients
Biological infancy prevents a child’s immune system to detoxify harmful chemicals, such as those found in adult shampoos and conditioners. Consequently, this inherent deficiency leaves them vulnerable to toxic substances and impurities early in life. Finally, we believe it is important to mention certain ingredients that our products do not contain, as safety need not compromise great style and product performance.
Since kid-friendly, quality hair products can perform at a high level without risking child safety, here is a list of toxins and chemicals that our products do NOT contain:
- No DEA
- No Mineral Oil
- Does not contain Parabens
- No Petroleum Oil
- No Phthalates
- Does not contain Propylene Glycol
- No Sulfates
- No Synthetic Colors
- Finally, No TEA
Parabens are preservatives commonly found in pharmaceutical and cosmetic products. Furthermore, they can cause allergic reactions, skin irritation and are even found in breast tumors. Parabens have also been known to adversely affect the male reproductive system. Finally, a study conducted in Tokyo revealed that increased exposure to parabens resulted in low sperm count.
This evidence alone should be reason enough to ensure that these harmful chemicals don’t come anywhere near safe and all-natural kids hair products.
Kids Hair Care Products – All-Natural Formulas
Our special line of all-natural kids hair products contain a special proprietary formula. Through years of research, testing and quality assurance, they contain the perfect combination and proportion of highly effective organic ingredients. Further, these patented formulas perform at optimum levels, while exceeding the highest standards of safety. We simply care too much about the products you will use on your family. Again, children’s hair is too sensitive for traditional adult products and we refuse to subject their fine follicles to that level of abuse.
Infused with powerful antioxidants, our kids hair products safely protect hair from harmful radicals and impurities. Similar to moisturizer for skin, these beneficial ingredients actually prevent oxidation damage and aging (even at such an early age). Our revolutionary pollution control system keeps young hair pristine.
Kids Hair Care Products – All-Natural Ingredients
Here is a brief list of some of the beneficial ingredients our products do contain:
- Aloe Vera Gel – A powerful anti-inflammatory, aloe vera has been proven to reverse skin aging. Further, aloe also stimulates collagen synthesis and aids in removal of dead skin cells.
- Bee Pollen Extract – Nourishes skin cells. Healing qualities.
- Cetrimonium Chloride – Effective conditioning agent responsible for hair’s silkiness and shine.
- Chamomile Extract – Mild broad-spectrum paraben-free preservative
- Citric Acid – All-natural pH balancing agent found in high quality kids hair products
- Coconut Oil – Beneficial moisturizer for skin.
Kids Hair Care Products – More All-Natural Ingredients
- Cucumber Extract – Cooling, cleansing and toning astringent with moisturizing properties. Popular in facials, cucumber aids in the softening of skin.
- Emulsifying Wax NF- Skin and scalp protection.
- Grapefruit Extract – Co-Antioxidant and natural preservative, and skin moisturizer.
- Grape Seed Oil – Natural antioxidant, rich in linoleic acid. This helps maintain normal cell growth and excellent skin penetrating qualities.
- Jojoba Seed Oil – Moisturizer and emollient agent common in high-end products. Jojoba seed oil helps improve skin elasticity and suppleness.
- Lavender Extract – Disinfectant and antiseptic with soothing properties. Beneficial in the treatment of eczema.
- Orange Flower Extract – Natural antioxidant with refreshing and detoxifying properties.
- Organic Japanese Green Tea Extract -Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-radical proven to improve blood flow stimulation.
- Sea Kelp Extract – Antioxidant, which stimulates and smoothes the skin while preventing wrinkling and sagging.
- Shea Butter – Yellowish butter derived from the fruit of the Karite Tree off the Ivory Coast of Africa. Shea butter helps to prevent superficial irritation, dryness, dermatitis, eczema, and other skin conditions.
- Sunflower Seed Oil – High in essential fatty acids and has wonderful emollient properties.
- Sweet Almond Oil – Natural fatty acid emollient, high in Linoleic Acid which aids in lipophilic moisturizing
- Vitmin B-5 – Deep penetrating moisturizer. Stimulates cellular proliferation. Promotes normal keratinization.
- Vitamin E – Anti-oxidant. Moisturizes skin from within. Enhances skin smoothness. Soothes and aids in tissue repair. Protects skin from environmental stress.
- Water – Hydrator
Please browse the gallery of our kids hair products and use your online Shopping Cart and Checkout system to purchase products today!
Want to see our organic and all-natural kids hair care products being used in action? “Book an Appointment” today! Thanks for checking out our kids hair care products!
We have a very dynamic social media presence, and are always posting great photos and ideas. Consequently, feel free to follow us on all our platforms!
YouTube Page – Do you and your child like to watch videos about kids haircuts, first haircuts and cartoons? Also, what about toys, video games or even special haircut ceremonies like Mundan or Chudakarana? If so, our YouTube channel is probably for you! Furthermore – Click and subscribe to our channel to watch our great videos, and get special offers and deals as well!
Facebook Page – Facebook is the flagship social media page of Just 4 Kids Salon. Also, you will find lots of great photos, inspirational quotes, and invitations to special events we are having. Finally – Just click the link and Like Us today!
Pinterest Page – Pinterest is the social platform we love to “glam it up” on! Finally – check out our pins in various areas of the beauty and fashion world!
Twitter Page – We love to listen to our followers and like to provide timely updates to trending topics in pop culture. Finally – Click our Twitter page and follow us now!
Google Plus Page – Google Plus is a great new social media platform incorporating a social layer across various services such as Picasa photo storage and sharing, as well as GMail, Calendars and YouTube. As such, Be sure to follow us on it, and contribute to our content!
More Social Media
Linked In Page – Linked In is our professional page where we do a good bit of recruiting. Also, we are always looking for the best talent in the market, and our Linked In page shows some good insight into our company culture! Further, we provide other valuable information about who we are as an organization. Finally, Link us today!
Instagram Page – Instagram is a great place to get interesting and local flair content from us! This includes incredible local photography, highlighting the very best that Hoboken and our salon has to offer. In addition, we like to provide interesting weather updates, and great photos of haircuts and birthday parties. So, what are you waiting for? Be sure to follow us on it!
Yelp! Page – Yelp! is the ultimate independent review site on the web. Further, we strive to maintain excellence in this area, and you can browse honest reviews of our business here. Finally, check us out and share your experience with us!
Book an Appointment
Thanks for checking out our social media platforms! Call Today at (201) 653-KUTS (5887) to Book an Appointment, or book an appointment on our website by clicking “Book an Appointment”.
**End Kids Hair Care Products Page**